Hoechlin O'Brien Web

SPA: A causa del accidente de Dylan en el set de The Death Cure la agencia de seguridad WorkSafeBC ha realizado un informe acerca de lo ocurrido.

Se trataba de una escena en la que debía saltar de un vehículo a otro, ambos en marcha, pero la cuerda de seguridad era demasiado corta y Dylan quedó suspendido entre los dos vehículos. “Cuando se hizo el cambio para la secuencia, anteriormente no hubo una reunión para revisar los cambios con todos los involucrados. El trabajador [Dylan] recibió un mínimo de instrucción en esta nueva escena de acción “, dice el informe. “El cambio en la secuencia de acción aumentó el riesgo de lesiones ya que la transición era entre dos vehículos que no estaban conectados.” Sin esa conexión el equipo de coordinación era la clave para que Dylan pudiese saltar entre los vehículos en movimiento.

El incidente se produjo cuando el instalador soltó la cuerda para intentar evitar que Dylan se cayera del primer vehículo, pero la longitud de la cuerda no era suficiente. “Esto dio lugar a que el trabajador cayera del vehículo, golpeando el suelo debido a la longitud de la cuerda y luego se quedó suspendido parcialmente delante del vehículo de arrastre. Esto dio lugar a una grave lesión al trabajador”.

El vicepresidente ejecutivo y director de comunicaciones de la Twentieth Century Fox (Chris Petrikin) escribió a The Globe indicando que, “Aunque no estamos de acuerdo con todas las conclusiones del Informe de Inspección, lamentamos profundamente lo ocurrido en este terrible accidente y las lesiones graves que causó a Dylan O’Brien.” Y añadió, “Hemos estado trabajando con WorkSafeBC para tratar de corregir algunas inexactitudes en el informe de inspección y apreciar la disposición de WorkSafe para discutir nuestras preocupaciones. Nuestra principal preocupación ahora es la completa recuperación de Dylan.”

El Sr. Petrikin se negó a responder si la producción se reanudaría en la Columbia Británica o se desplazarían a otro lugar, o acerca de la condición actual de Dylan. En el informe tampoco se menciona el tipo de heridas que sufrió.

Fox US Productions 49 Inc. también realizó un informe acerca del incidente, en el que indican que la escena había sido cuidadosamente ensayada y “completada con éxito aproximadamente cinco veces antes del accidente.” Además, especifican que antes de rodar hablaron acerca de la longitud de la cuerda de seguridad e hicieron una demostración, “Boletines de seguridad se emitieron al reparto y el equipo”, y que “en la investigación preliminar, parece que el vehículo de arrastre redujo su velocidad de forma prematura.”

 

ENG: The production team of the latest instalment in the Maze Runner film series failed to ensure the safety of the movie’s star, Dylan O’Brien, during an action sequence that went wrong on the B.C. set of the film, causing the young actor serious injuries, B.C.’s workplace safety agency has concluded.

A WorkSafeBC report on the March accident, newly obtained by The Globe and Mail, says Mr. O’Brien – described in the document as the “worker” – received “minimal instruction” in navigating the scene, shot in the Kamloops region, that required him to move from one moving vehicle to another.

The report said a safety lanyard was too short, resulting in Mr. O’Brien being pulled off the front vehicle and then being suspended above the ground between the two.

[…]

In May, producing studio Twentieth Century Fox announced that the release of the film – the third in a series – had been postponed again until January of 2018 so the 24-year-old Mr. O’Brien could recover. On Sunday, the executive vice-president and chief communications officer of Twentieth Century Fox responded to the WorkSafeBC findings in an e-mail to The Globe.

“While we don’t agree with all of the findings of the Inspection Report, we deeply regret that this terrible accident occurred and the serious injuries it caused to Dylan O’Brien,” Chris Petrikin wrote.

“We have been working with WorkSafeBC to try and correct some inaccuracies in the Inspection Report and appreciate WorkSafe’s willingness to discuss our concerns.” Mr. Petrikin did not elaborate, but added: “Our primary concern now is Dylan’s full recovery from this accident.”

Mr. Petrikin declined to answer questions about whether the production would resume in British Columbia or shift to another location, or about Mr. O’Brien’s current condition.

[…]

“When the change was made to the sequence, there was no meeting held to review the changes with all involved. The worker performing the action sequence received minimal instruction on this new action sequence,” the report said.

“The change to the action sequence increased the risk of injury as the transition was now between two vehicles that were not connected.”

Without connection, the report says, driver co-ordination was now key to Mr. O’Brien shifting between moving vehicles.

The incident occurred when the rigger let out rope to try to prevent the actor from being pulled off the leading vehicle, but ran out of rope length, it added. “This resulted in the worker being pulled off the leading vehicle, striking the ground due to the length of rope and then being partially suspended in front of the trailing vehicle. This resulted in a serious injury to the worker.”

[…]

An employer incident-investigation report done by Fox US Productions 49 Inc., listed as the employer, was also obtained by The Globe and Mail. According to that report, the scene had been thoroughly rehearsed and “successfully completed approximately five times prior to the accident.”

The report also said the length of the safety lanyard was discussed and demonstrated prior to filming. “Safety bulletins were issued to cast and crew.”

The report said that “on preliminary investigation, it appears that the trailing vehicle slowed prematurely.”

 

Read the full article here

junio 13, 2016 Author: admin No Comments

SPA: Fox ha pospuesto casi un año el estreno de “Maze Runner: The Death Cure”. La nueva fecha será el 12 de Enero de 2018, debido a la recuperación de Dylan O’Brien a causa de las lesiones sufridas durante el rodaje el pasado mes de Marzo.

Fox hizo el anuncio el viernes, un mes después de revelar que la reanudación del rodaje de “Maze Runer: The Death Cure” se había retrasado por segunda vez para permitir que O’Brien pudiera recuperarse completamente de sus lesiones. El estudio no ha revelado cuándo se reiniciará dicho rodaje.

El estreno de la película — la tercera de la trilogía — estaba previsto para el día 17 de Febrero de 2017. Wes Ball dirige el largometraje. El personaje de O’Brien tiene una misión, encontrar una cura para el “destello”, una enfermedad mortal.

O’Brien fue atropellado por un coche y sufrió múltiples lesiones el pasado 17 de marzo durante el rodaje en la Columbia Británica. El actor de 24 años fue trasladado a un hospital local para su observación y tratamiento tras el accidente.

La primera película de la saga, estrenada en 2014, recaudó 102 millones de dólares en Estados Unidos, y su secuela de 2015, “The Scorch Trials”, sumó 82 millones en la taquilla estadounidense.

 

ENG: Fox has moved back its release for “Maze Runner: The Death Cure” by nearly a year to Jan. 12, 2018, as star Dylan O’Brien recovers from his March 17 injuries after an on-set car accident.

Fox made the announcement Friday, a month after disclosing that resumption of principal photography on “Maze Runer: The Death Cure” had been delayed for a second time to allow O’Brien more time to fully recover from his injuries. The studio has not revealed when production will re-start.

The movie — the third in the Maze Runner trilogy — had been set for a Presidents Day weekend release date of Feb, 17, 2017. Wes Ball is directing the film. O’Brien’s character is on a mission to find a cure to the “Flare,” a deadly disease.

O’Brien was hit by a car and suffered multiple injuries on March 17 on the set in British Columbia. The 24-year-old actor was taken to a local hospital for observation and treatment following the accident.

The 2014 original grossed $102 million in U.S. receipts, and 2015 follow-up “The Scorch Trials” tallied $82 million in domestic box office.

 

Source

mayo 28, 2016 Author: admin No Comments

SPA: Dylan O’Brien está en negociaciones con CBS Films para interpretar a Mitch Rapp en American Assassin, la adaptación cinematográfica de la serie de novelas escritas por Vince Flynn que Michael Cuesta dirigirá para CBS Films y Lionsgate. O’Brien tendrá el papel protagonista, un hombre que trabaja para la CIA llevando a cabo operaciones encubiertas contra el terrorismo. Se espera que el acuerdo se cierre pronto, poniendo fin a una larga búsqueda de lo que se espera que sea un papel estrella. Junto a él estará Michael Keaton, quien ya firmó para interpretar a Stan Hurley, un tipo duro, veterano de la Guerra Fría, que enseña al joven asesino todo lo que necesita saber. La idea es que el Mitch Rapp de O’Brien sea alguien joven (de la edad de un universitario), y esperan que el actor crezca a medida que avance la saga.

Stephen Schiff ha adaptado el guión, y Lorenzo di Bonaventura y Nick Wechsler producirán la cinta. Financiada por CBS Films y Lionsgate; CBS Films supervisará la producción y comercialización, mientras que Lionsgate dará a conocer lo que auguran que sea el inicio de una franquicia. La producción comienza en otoño, a la espera de la recuperación de O’Brien tras las lesiones sufridas durante el rodaje de La cura mortal, la cual tuvo que ser pospuesta.

Lionsgate se hará cargo de la distribución de la película, y tener a O’Brien bajo la manga seguramente ayudará. También significa que el actor se está recuperando de sus lesiones.

 

ENG: Dylan O’Brien is in negotiations with CBS Films to play Mitch Rapp in American Assassin, the adaptation of the Vince Flynn bestselling novel series that Michael Cuesta will direct for CBS Films and Lionsgate. O’Brien will play the title character, who ruthlessly carries out covert counter-terrorist operations for the CIA in the book series. A deal is expected to make shortly, ending a long search for what is expected to be a star-making role. He would star alongside Michael Keaton, who signed on earlier to play Stan Hurley, a badass Cold War veteran who teaches the young assassin everything he needs to know. The idea is that O’Brien’s Mitch Rapp is college aged, and the hope is the actor grows as the series progresses.

Stephen Schiff adapted the novel and Lorenzo di Bonaventura and Nick Wechsler are producing. CBS Films and Lionsgate are co-financing; CBS Films is overseeing the production and marketing while Lionsgate will release what is hoped to be the start of a franchise. Production begins in the fall, and they will be working around O’Brien’s recovery from injuries incurred during the shooting of Maze Runner: The Death Cure, which had to be postponed to give him time to heal up.

Lionsgate will be selling foreign on the film, and having O’Brien in the fold will surely help. It also means he’s recovering from his injuries.

 

Source

mayo 19, 2016 Author: admin No Comments

SPA: Vertical Entertainment ha conseguido los derechos del drama Undrafted a nivel mundial, película del guionista y director Joseph Mazzello. Siendo una visión de las experiencias del hermano del propio Mazzello, la historia examina la forma en que una persona puede alejarse de la extrema decepción, ya que se enfoca en una estrella de béisbol universitario y sus sueños rotos de llegar a la liga superior cuando se queda fuera de la MLB. John se enfrenta a la falta de una carrera profesional en el béisbol mientras juega en una liga de inadaptados.

Anunciada en un principio para 2013, Undrafted es el debut de Mazzello como director. “Estoy muy contento de poder colaborar con Vertical en la distribución mundial”, dijo el realizador. “No puedo esperar a que todo el mundo vea esta película, y que la amen de la misma manera que nosotros”, comenta. “Gracias a Vertical pronto se convertirá en una realidad.”

 

ENG: Vertical Entertainment has picked up worldwide rights to the baseball drama Undrafted from writer-director Joseph Mazzello. A fictionalized take on the experiences of Mazzello’s brother, the story examines how one moves on from crushing disappointment as it follows a collegiate baseball star whose major league dreams are dashed when he’s skipped over in the MLB draft. John comes to grips with missing out on a baseball career as he throws himself in with a misfit intramural baseball league.

First announced back in 2013, Undrafted is Mazzello’s feature directorial debut. “I am thrilled to be partnering with Vertical to distribute Undrafted around the globe,” said filmmaker Mazzello. “I can’t wait for the world to see this film, and to love it the same way we all do,” he says. “Thanks to Vertical that will soon become a reality.”

 

Source

febrero 15, 2016 Author: admin No Comments